How To Remove Credit Card From Spotify continues to be the poster boy for the streaming music business, with 138 million paying customers and a global presence. The Swedish company is competitive in the sector, but it has made several initiatives to advertise itself and grow its income.
This, combined with increased opposition from Tidal, Apple Music, Music Streaming Unlimited, and other similar-priced services, is leading some consumers to switch allegiances.
Spotify created a new free version in April in an effort to attract new users to the platform, ostensibly in the hopes that they will upgrade to the paid-for plan. Spotify had two tiers well before release: an ad-free tier for $9.99 per month and a free, ad-supported tier.
The former allows you to save music to listen to offline and has no restrictions; the latter limits the number of songs you may access, famous playlists and only allows you to listen to them on shuffle. You may listen to any music from 15 Discovery playlists on-demand with Spotify’s free New level.
Spotify now provides Student, Household, and Spotify Duo subscriptions (for two people at a discounted price). Each grade is reasonably priced in comparison to everyone else in the industry.
If you want to save money every month, though, it might be time to terminate your membership.
We’ll show you how to terminate your Spotify Premium subscription in this post.
Methods How To Remove Credit Card From Spotify
Spotify has no explicit instructions for deleting a credit card from a Spotify subscription. However, if you’ve not already, we’ve discovered a few ways for removing your credit or debit card from your Spotify account.
We’ll guide you into them in this part. So, let’s get started…
Also Check: How to See through Clothes
Method -1: Cancel the Subscription on Desktop
The first option is to terminate your premium membership. The credit card you specified as a payment option will be immediately withdrawn when the billing cycle has ended.
From the Spotify computer main website, here’s how to cancel your Spotify Premium membership.
Steps to Take
- On your computer, launch your preferred browser.
- Then, by selecting here, proceed to the Spotify Account page.
- If you haven’t already, sign in to your Spotify account.
- Then, under the ‘Your Plan’ tab, search for the ‘Switch Plan’ choice.
- Then, scroll to the bottom to the ‘Spotify Free’ option and click it, followed by the ‘Cancel Premium’ choice.
You are no longer a premium Spotify member as a result of this. You could now wait for the current payment cycle to complete before the credit is automatically deducted from your Spotify subscription.
Method -2: Cancel the Subscription via Contact Form
- There is, however, another option to terminate your Spotify Premium account. And in this manner, you’ll have to fill up a form, which you’ll then email to Spotify.
- Then your Spotify premium subscription will be terminated. The Spotify Premium subscription cancellation form may be found here.
- So, go ahead and click that link to get into your Spotify profile.
- Then fill out the form with accurate information. Submit it to Spotify after that.
- After you’ve canceled your Spotify subscription, you’ll have to wait for the current monthly cycle to complete before your credit card is immediately deleted from your profile.
Method -3: Contact Spotify Support
- Even if you’ve attempted all of the aforementioned ways, the credit card details may still be present. Then you may contact Spotify’s customer service for assistance.
- After contacting them, notify them that you no longer want your credit card data to be stored on your Spotify profile for your protection. They’ll get it out of there.
- You may reach out to Spotify’s customer service staff in a variety of ways. For example, you may contact their customer service agents primarily using an online contact page.
- A no-reply email may result in an automatic response. Then, even if it’s a no-reply email account, you should reply to that specific email account, stating your situation. One of the client service professionals will respond to your email once some time has passed.
- You may also get out to them through Twitter. Directly send tweets to @SpotifyCares on Twitter to do this. You may also discuss your Spotify-related issues with the Spotify Community.
- You may also directly tweet the most informed members of the Spotify Community, such as Rock Stars. They may be reached at @AskRockStars on Twitter.
Steps to Cancel Spotify Premium on an Android Device
If you do have an Android smartphone and use the Spotify app, you may have observed that you cannot terminate your Premium subscription via the Android Spotify app.
So, if you really want to cancel your subscription from your Android phone, what can you do? Don’t be concerned. We have such a solution for you that is both simple and effective. So, let’s get started…
Follow the Steps Below
- On your Android smartphone, open your preferred web browser.
- Then, from such a browser, go to the official Spotify homepage.
- Then, using the appropriate login details, sign in to your Spotify account.
- Then, from the top right of the screen, hit the ‘My Account’ icon. The symbol will resemble a person’s silhouette in a circle.
- Then, on the following page, scroll to the bottom until you find the ‘Your Plan’ area.
- You must select the ‘Change Plan’ button there.
- On the following screen, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Spotify Free’ area and hit the ‘CANCEL PREMIUM’ option at the bottom to withdraw your subscription.
- After that, press the ‘YES, CANCEL’ option to confirm your decision.
You may terminate your Spotify premium membership immediately from your Android smartphone if you follow the instructions above.
Spotify might be a good choice if you want to listen to your favorite songs or podcasts in the best possible way. For the finest experience, you may upgrade to their Premium service. However, it appears that many Spotify subscribers are encountering troubles with their payment methods and account.
As a consequence, we’ve compiled this guide that covers a wide range of topics connected to Spotify Premium subscription, membership, and payment. We hope that this article has assisted you in removing your credit or debit card from Spotify.
Remember, as usual, to let us know which technique worked better for you. Also, please feel free to share this article with other Spotify users.
How can I see whether my Spotify Premium subscription is still active?
On your account settings, under My plan, you can see your plan and payments. Note: If your account is linked to a partnership, you must notify them of any modifications.