Nowadays, we rely on Skype for transferring and receiving information via voice or video call but sometimes we take this application for granted that it’s never going to hurt us if we didn’t go through all the latest updates. There’s nothing to worry about because we are about to break down some of the methods to fix your Skype not working error. So, let’s get started!
Troubleshooting Skype not Working Error
There are many ways that you can fix Skype not working error but we will be sharing some of the best and 100% working methods so that you don’t have to waste your time on trash. Let’s get into the action straightaway without making you pals go through boredom.
1. Check your Skype Heartbeat
The Skype heartbeat is the same as Human heartbeat if it’s not working then both are dead. The very first thing which you need to check is the heartbeat of Skype to overcome the issue “Skype Can’t Connect” and there are greater chances that Skype may have some issues on their side.
So, to check the status and to know when they are going to fix Skype not working problem, you have to do following steps.
- Pay a visit to Skype official status check website
- Open your Skype and go to Settings> Help> Heartbeat
2. Run a Complete PC Scan for Malware
The truth and sad reality are that Skype might not work for you because of Malware which hits your PC by some malicious software. To run a complete scan for malware, you need to install an antivirus and have to follow the steps which are given below.
- After the installation of antivirus, run your PC for scan
- Delete all the malware from your PC and restart your computer
- After the restarting process, check your Skype again and it will start working
3. Update your Skype
Not updating Skype might be the main reason why your Skype not working because there might be some chances that the previous version of Skype may have some problems. So updating Skype to the latest version is the best solution to your problem.
- To update the Skype, you need to open the Skype first
- Now go to the notifications and you’ll see the latest update notification
- Skype first download the update and then install it
- Your Skype will restart and it will start working
4. Update your Windows
In today’s world, everything is up-to-date and you have to keep your windows updated as well to compete the virus attacks and applications compatibility with your device. To keep everything updated you have to follow the steps which are being breaking down in a while.
- Click on the search button and search for update and security
- Once the new tab is open, look for check updates option and click on it
- All the available updates will be shown to you and you have to download them and install them one by one
- Now wait for the installation process to be done and restart your computer
- Now check your Skype if it is working well or not
If your Skype is facing the same issue of Skype Not Working, then you’ve to scroll down a bit in order to find another one.
5. Firewall settings
You may receive a notification sometimes that your firewall isn’t active and please active it in order to avoid any inconvenience. If you don’t know how to do it, then don’t worry we have a guide for you. Follow the below given steps and you’re done!
- Close your Skype and make sure it’s not working in the background as well
- Now go to your firewall settings and in the firewall settings look for all the applications installed in your PC
- Look for the Skype application and once you find the Skype application, allow the Skype application to use the internet
- Click on save changes button and now start Skype again
- Your problem of Skype Not Working shall be gone
If the problem still didn’t go away then don’t worry, we have another method which might play a helpful role for you to solve the issue.
6. Uninstall and reinstall Skype Application
The ultimate solution to this problem is deleting your Skype and reinstalling it because there might be some chances of your application didn’t go through the installation process well. So to uninstall and re-install the application, you need to follow the following steps.
- Go to the search bar of windows and type Apps and features
- Once you go to the option which you have searched for, wait for the application to get loaded
- Now look for Skype application and uninstall it completely
- After uninstalling the application, you need to restart your PC
Once the restarting is done, now it’s time to download the application from the official website of Skype and after the downloading process, make sure that you run the application and install it properly. Now open your Skype application and it will start working for sure.
In a Nutshell
It’s better to avoid such issues and solve them as soon as possible if you’re working for a company. We have discussed all the mainstream methods so that you can solve How to fix Skype not working problem and make sure everything is on the line.
If you have any question regarding this topic, then feel free to comment down below. We will try to reach you in a flash and will solve your problem considering it our first priority.