If you’re reading this article then you might be wondering about Windows Update Error Code 80070103 occurring on your screen. A lot of people are reporting this problem to the windows and taking this issue as a serious issue but this isn’t a big issue and can be solved within a couple of minutes. So, you need to relax and calm down a bit and read the article till the end.
Why Windows Update error Code 80070103 occur?
This error occurs on your computer screen because you’re trying to install software that is already installed. For example, you’re installing some drivers that already installed, you’re going to see this error coming on your computer screen when you’re in-between the installation process. But if you’re updating the drivers and you’re unable to update them and getting this error, then these things need to be resolved. And here are the methods that you need to follow.
Solutions to Solve Windows Update error Code 80070103
- Solution 1- Update device drivers using windows update
- Solution 2- Manually update the drivers
- Solution 3- Hide the update
- Solution 4- Reinstall the device drivers
Solution 1- Update device drivers using windows update
This method has worked for almost everyone and this is why we are giving it the priority and letting you to use this method in order to get the desired results. Follow the steps to remove Windows Update error code 80070103.
- The first step is to navigate towards the windows search bar
- Now type Windows update
- You’ll be shown a window update icon click on it
- Now navigate towards the check for updates
- Now you’re going to see a lot of drivers getting the red warning and asking you to update them
- Now select the drivers that you want to update and then click on the update button
- Your drivers are going to update automatically
- It will take around 2-3 minutes and you won’t be seeing the error again
- But after installing the drivers, a reboot is a must
After rebooting the computer, you’re going to see the changes with immediate effects.
Getting windows Registry items error?Here’s complete guide for you: Fix Broken Registry items
Solution 2- Manually update the drivers
Now if the first method didn’t work for you or you didn’t like the idea, then you can try this method. Follow the steps clearly because you can’t make mistakes on the manual.
- The first step in the manual updation of the driver is to go to the search bar and then type RUN
- A command bar is going to open in front of you, all you’ve to do is to type “devmgmt.msc”
- Once you hit the enter button after typing this in the RUN command, you’re going to see Device manager window
- Now expand the drivers’ question from it and you’re going to see every single driver that requires updation
- Right-click on the drivers that you want to update and update everything manually
- Once you’re done with the updating, make sure to reboot your PC
Now you’re not going to see the problems again.
Facing issue with fast switching in windows?here’s complete guide for you to Disable Fast User Switching
Solution 3- Hide the update
If you don’t want to mess up things for your PC and you have got a lot of data that you can’t take risks of trying anything new, then you can simply hide this notification and you won’t be getting the error Windows Update error Code 80070103 on your screen again. Don’t know how? Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Again go to the search bar of the windows and then type Windows update
- Open the windows update and then click on check for updates
- Now you can right-click on the update and then click on Hide this update
- Click on close button and it will ask you for saving the changes
- Click on saved changes and you’re done
You won’t be getting the error Windows Update error Code 80070103 again, but you need to reboot your computer because it requires a reboot to make sure that everything is working perfectly now.
Getting Windows Modules Installer Error?here’s complete guide to fix Windows Modules Installer error
Solution 4- Reinstall the device drivers
Now the next method that you can try for removing the error Windows Update error Code 80070103 is reinstalling the drivers. Here’s how you can reinstall your device drivers.
- Go to the search bar and then type the RUN command
- Once the RUN command is open then type devmgmt.msc
- You’re going to see a Device manager opening on your screen and then click on the driver’s question
- All the list of installed drivers shall appear on your screen and now click on every single driver and uninstall it
- Once everything is uninstalled, you need to follow the steps that are given below
Keep the driver’s CD or USB with you and inset it.
- Now open the drivers one by one and install them
- Don’t reboot the computer after installing a single driver every time
- Reboot the computer once you install the drivers completely
You’re not going to see the problems again on your computer.
Wanna get rid of Chromium Browser?here’s guide for you to Remove Chromium Browser
We are hopeful that this content has helped you in achieving what you’re striving for. If nothing is working for you, then you need to click on the troubleshooting button and it will find the solution for you automatically.
We recommend you to try every method one by one and you’ll get rid of the problem Windows Update error Code 80070103 very soon.
If you’ve any questions regarding Windows Update error Code 80070103, feel free to comment down below.