If you’re looking to delete PayPal account then you’re on the right place because today we are going to be showing you How to delete PayPal account. PayPal provides you the opportunity to save your money on the PayPal account so that you can perform online transactions, buying and many other things which needs a payment method to go through. So, if you’re not interested to keep the PayPal account anymore then follow the methods to delete PayPal account.
How to delete PayPal Account
Today, we are going to show you two methods of deleting the account; one is for your personal PayPal account and the other is for business account. So, let’s get started.
How to delete Personal PayPal Account
If your account is for personal use and you want to delete it then following are the steps which you need to take in order to delete PayPal account.
- Log in to your PayPal account
- When you login in, go to the settings and then scroll down to see account settings
- Now you’ll see Close your account written in the account settings page, click on it
- If they ask you to enter bank details then enter the details to close your account
So, that’s how easy it is to delete the PayPal account. Follow the steps properly and you’re done. Now it’s time to move to the next method which is how to delete the business account of PayPal. Here’s the solution.
Closing a Business PayPal account
Closing a business PayPal account is easy and all you’ve to do is to follow the instruction given below.
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on your profile button and you’ll see settings button there
- Now in the settings tab, you’ll see account settings
- At the top of the account settings, you’ll see close your account button
- Click on it and enter the information which they will ask you to enter
- And you’re done
As we are done with the delete PayPal account and now it’s time to move to other sections of PayPal.
What happens when you delete PayPal account?
If you don’t want to use PayPal account then you don’t have to worry about restoring your PayPal account after the deletion of the account. But, if you want to restore the account after the deletion then there’s a piece of bad news for you. You won’t be able to restore your account once you delete PayPal account and all you history, transaction record and other things related to the account shall go away.
Also Read: How To Delete IMVU Account – Complete Guide
So, you need to think wisely before you delete PayPal account and before you delete it to make sure that you’ve nothing in the account left. Move all your money to other accounts, and if someone has scheduled money to send it to you then ask him/her to cancel the transaction before it goes to you and uses another account which is active. So, if you’re interested in deleting the account, then make sure you went through all these things.
Before deleting the PayPal account
Before you delete your PayPal account, you need to make sure you are doing the following things in order to avoid any inconvenience in the future.
- Make sure that you’ve changed the payment method because canceling the account will stop the on-going transactions and present transactions. If you’ve any recurring transaction which is being completed during the coming time then you’ve to update the payment method before you delete your account.
- Ensure that all the transactions that you’ve performed are completed and there’s nothing left in your account. Move all the money and make sure there’s not a single penny left in your account before deleting it because your money which is earned through hardware needs a respected place.
- Once the account is deleted, it can’t be reopened and you won’t be able to reuse it. If you want to use PayPal account, then you’ve to create another account to make sure you use PayPal for the online purchasing and transactions.
Why someone would close their PayPal account?
There is a number of reasons why people delete PayPal accounts and all of them are listed below.
- They might not be using PayPal in the future because they have nothing to do with it or they have found a better alternative
- Maybe their account is compromised (It doesn’t happens a lot) and they want to keep everything safe
- They will try to open the account on some other email address
- They had an account for their business which no longer works for them
Everyone has its own reason for deleting the account and these are the mainstream reasons which we have discussed. So, we hope you best of luck with deleting the account and make sure that you have a safe journey ahead.
In a Nutshell
We have discussed almost the best way of deleting the account and we really hope that this article has helped you a lot in removing the account perfectly. Along with the deletion of the account we have given you tips before deleting your account and what are the measurements you should take before removing the account.
So, if you’ve any questions related to the account then feel free to comment down below because we will try to reach you in a flash and will answer your questions. Cheers!