Skype offers you to enjoy free video call and voice call so that you can get the full benefit of the internet but if you’re unhappy of using Skype and wants to delete Skype account then you’re on the right place. Today we are going to showing you the best way of deleting Skype account so that you can get rid of your account without any hurdle. So, let’s get started!
Step By Step Guide To Delete Skype Account
If you have decided to delete skype account, then let’s get to the point straight away. Follow these steps and you’ll be taken down to the removal of Skype account within a minute. Here we go!
- Open a browser and go to the official website of skype
- Login to your account
- Now directly go to the account setting which you’re going to find out under setting and preference drop down menu
- As you have entered in the account settings, the very next step that you have to follow is unlinking Microsoft account from your account. Don’t know how to do it? Here’s the screenshot
- A confirmation message will be appeared on your screen and after confirming the message; your account will be unlinked from Microsoft.
- Now the very next step is un-subscription from Skype mails and recurring payments because after the un-subscription, you won’t be getting emails and cutting of payments from your account. Here’s the screenshot of how you do it!
- After the confirmation of the above step, you will be unsubscribed from the Skype subscription channel and it’s time to delete Skype account
- But before deleting your Skype account, make sure that you’ve deleted your number from Skype. If you didn’t do it till now then it’s a high time of doing that, if you don’t know how to do it then here’s the screenshot
- If you have removed the mobile number and visa number from your Skype account, then head back to the account settings
- Once you’ve entered the account settings, scroll down to the end of the page and you’ll see delete Skype account option. Just click on it!
- Enter the reason of deleting your Skype account and confirm this act by clicking on Yes button and you’re done!
Note: If you’re unable to find the delete Skype account button in the account settings, then you have to contact the help center of Skype and give them the reason that why are you deleting this account. Once you tell them each and every information of your account, they will remove your account without any delay.
As we are done with the How to delete Skype account permanently section, let’s discuss more about Skype!
TipIf you are facing issue in audio sharing in skype you can consult this guide: How To Share Audio On Skype
Removing of Skype Account
As you have removed your Skype account, now it’s high time to know that removing of Skype account will cost you many things which we are going to break down. If you already know everything then you’re welcome to skip, but if you want to have more knowledge then scroll down.
- Your Microsoft account will be unlinked from your Skype account
- Your all the active subscription will be cancelled and you will get all your money refunded
- Your Skype number will be cancelled if you have any
- Your account will be removed from their servers and nobody will be able to search you on Skype
- Your personal information and chat will be removed from your account
- And you’ll be signed out from all the devices
These are the pros and cons of deleting Skype account permanently, let’s discuss more things for this topic.
How to Remove Skype Profile
There’s a way you can prevent people from searching you on Skype and it can be done without deleting your account. So if you want to give this thing a try then you’re welcome. We are about to break few steps so that you can try this method as well. So let’s get started!
1. Remove Your Profile Picture
Removing picture or changing your picture will make a difference because ain’t nobody will be able to know whether it is your account or not. So, the first step is to change the picture and get started with hiding yourself from the people. Don’t know how to change it? Here’s the screenshot
2. Update your Skype Status
Updating the status is going to help you in a way that people who know you personally will never get a clue about whether is it your account or not. Because changing status which links to your personality to something others won’t give people a chance to know who are you? If you don’t know to change the status of Skype, then here’s the screenshot!
3. Sign out from all devices
Signing out from all the devices will help you to stay away from your friends on Skype and they won’t see you online. You can go back to Skype account whenever you want it because removing Skype account permanently won’t help you much.
In a Nutshell
That’s all from today’s topic and we really hope that the article has helped you a lot in achieving what you are striving for. If you have any question regarding this topic then feel free to comment down below in the comment section, we will try to reach you in a flash.
TipIf your skype is not working you can consult this guide: Skype Not Working
And don’t forget to share it with your friends and family if this article helped you. Cheers!