If you are seeing Chromium Browser installed in your PC and you didn’t install it intentionally then your computer is infected by a browser hijacker. We would recommend you to remove chromium browser as soon as possible and if you don’t know how to remove chromium browser from your computer, then you’re on the right place. We have a complete research on this topic, so let’s get started!
3 Ways to remove Chromium Browser Hijacker in Windows 10
Before we get started with Removing Chromium Browser Hijacker, you need to know the common symptoms which you face once this browser hits your computer.
- The browser is installed in your computer without your permission
- The default homepage changes to something totally irrelevant to you
- Your default location changes to any some other country location
- Your built-in search box and browser search box changes from the default browser
Now let’s get started with our topic which is remove chromium browser in Windows 10 and we are about to start with our first method which is
1. Remove Unnecessary or Malicious Files
The very first step which harms your computer with the viruses is the installation of drivers or software which you hardly use. We recommend you to delete each and every software from your computer and Malicious files as well so that we can identify where the problem lacks. If you don’t know how to delete files and software, then follow these steps!
- Go to the settings of your computer and click on apps and features from there or right click on the start menu in order to open Apps and Features.
- Now all the installed application will appear on your screen after a few seconds, and you have to find out what you’re not using and uninstall them directly.
- Here are some of the known malicious files which you must delete at your first go; “Chromium, WebDiscover, OtherSearches, YeaDesktop, Wajam, 126.96.36.199, DNS Unlocker, Cinema Plus, Price Minus, SalesPlus, New Player, MediaVideosPlayers, Browsers_Apps_Pro, PriceLEess, Pic Enhance, Sm23mS, Salus, Network System Driver, SS8, Save Daily Deals, Word Proser, Desktop Temperature Monitor, CloudScout Parental Control, Savefier, Savepass, HostSecurePlugin, CheckMeUp or HD-V2.2”.
- If you don’t know how to uninstall a program or software, here’s the screenshot which may help you in removing files and software from your computer
- But if you’re finding the above-given way of uninstalling the program or removing chromium Browser from your computer difficult then you can delete them by using Command Prompt method as well. Just enter “Command Prompt” in the search bar of your window and a black screen will appear on your computer screen.
- Type “Uninstall” in the command prompt section and you’ll be shown different applications, software, and files which you can uninstall them from your computer. Simply remove chromium browser from an on-screen command prompt and you’re done!
After uninstalling unnecessary files from your PC, you need to restart your computer so that everything gets normal and you won’t face any hijacking.
2. Use Malwarebytes to remove chromium browser
Manual way of removing viruses from your computer might be considered as the best way because you can’t rely on software every-time, but Malwarebytes might help you in removing chromium browser with a single click. Follow these steps in order to know how you do it!
Also Read: How to connect Phone to TV using Bluetooth
- Download the software from Softonic or go to their official website
- Once you download the application, install it and then execute it!
- Once the application is open, it’s the perfect time to click on the Scan Now button. Don’t know how to do it? Here’s the screenshot!
- Now wait for everything to get completed, once the scan is complete here’s how you’ll be shown everything in detail
- Now click on Quarantine from your left menu and remove all the threads from your PC without any trouble. Here’s how you do it!
- The entire virus from your computer shall be deleted and you have to restart your computer in order to run things smartly and smoothly again.
3. Download Hitman Pro Software to remove Chromium Browser
Another Software which can help a person in removing chromium browser from Windows 10 is the Hitman Pro software. You can download it and remove chromium browser from your laptop/PC, and if you want to do it, then you have to follow the steps which we are breaking now.
Also Read: Top 5 Best Musical.ly Alternatives
- Go to the official website of hitman pro software and download it or you can download the software from Softonic as well
- Once the download is completed, open the file and install it
- After the installation, execute the main file and you’ll see a lot of options but all you have to do is to enter click on Scan now button and you’ll see all your thread in next area
- After clicking on the next button, you’ll be asked to enter the activation key. If you’ve no activation key with you, sorry you won’t be able to delete the malicious files from your PC. Because this is a paid Software
If you have entered the activation key, then your selected files will be removed from your PC and you’re done. Restart your computer and you’ll see a lot of positive changes when running your PC.
In a Nutshell
It’s better to remove chromium browser from your PC because if you didn’t install the software intentionally, then there are many changes that your PC got hijacked.
We have discussed almost everything to make sure you can remove chromium browser from your PC and if you have any question in your mind, then feel free to contact us by commenting down below. We will try to reach you in a flash. Cheers!