Whenever you install a window, it has a license which needs to enter to avoid getting the messages of Activate your window, but if you’ve installed the windows and entered the license key as well but you’re getting a message of “you may be a victim of software counterfeiting” then probably you’ve been given a wrong license at the time of window purchasing.
If you’re struggling with this issue and a notification is coming on your screen constantly, then you need to figure out two things. If you’ve bought a used computer from someone and the window was installed in it, then you probably need to inspect your computer for the activation key. But if you’ve bought a used laptop, then you’ve to go to the setting in order to know about the product key. The product key might be placed on the bottom side of the laptop and you can get from there.
How to fix “you may be a victim of software counterfeiting”
You’ve to check everything first before you enter the key for reactivating the window to stop getting the message “you may be a victim of software counterfeiting” because this message might appear on your screen because of you’re using a license which someone else is using.
You can’t use the product key for more than one computer unless and until you have got a Family version of the Windows which allows 3 people of the family to use the same product key to activate the windows. But if you’ve got a new product key or want to give an old key a try again, then here’s how you can do it.
- The first step is very simple and that is to go to the search bar of the windows
- Now type “RUN” in the search bar and a command bar shall open in front of you
- Now type “slui.exe” in the RUN command bar and then press the enter button
- You’ll be promoted to the activation screen of the window where you can select Activate Windows online now. Now click on it
- Now enter the activation key and then press the enter button
- Check if the window is activated or not
- If it’s activated then congratulations but it’s not, then read the instructions below
If the activation key isn’t working, then you need to go to the Microsoft page and then ask them for help. As long as your activation key is working, they are obligated to help you out and let everything set for you. But if the activation key isn’t valid, then they won’t be able to do any help to you because you’ll have to buy a new one.
So, if you’re unable to get to the screen of the Windows activation page, then there might be some problem with your windows registration tools that need to be fixed before you reenter the product key. Your computer might be missing the permissions which are necessary to get to the Windows activation page where you’ve to enter the product key in order to remove the message “you may be a victim of software counterfeiting” but you don’t have to worry about, we have fixes for that issue too.
You’ve to read everything but, before we proceed to the fixing the Window activation page issue, here’s something you can try before moving to the solution.
Now all you’ve to do is to follow the instructions which are given below.
- Now go to the search bar again and the type RUN in it and press the enter button, or you can do this “CTRL+R” to open the run command
- Once the run command is open, type slui.exe and then press the enter button
- If the Windows activation screen is appearing on your screen, then there’s no point of going to the solution of problems which we have mentioned above
- But if you’re facing 0x80070005 Access is denied this error then you’ll have to scroll down and see what to do next.
Reset the computer settings
There are higher chances that it might be happening because the settings need a complete reset so that they can install everything new and let the system run again. And if you’re willing to resetting the settings again, then here’s how you do it!
- Go to the setting of the windows and then scroll down till the end
- You’ll see About section of the Windows, click on it
- Then you’ll be shown an Option “Reset Network Settings” or “Reset complete settings”
- Choose reset complete setting and they will ask you for the surety again
- Now click on Yes button and your computer shall restart and it will take some time to reset all the settings to default
- Once everything is done, your computer is going to turn on again and you’ll see your computer running faster than before
- Now repeat the process again
- Open the RUN command and type slui.exe and then hit the enter button
- Check if the Windows activation screen is appearing on the screen
- You’ll surely be shown the Windows activation screen and now you can enter the product key and activate your windows
Now you’ll see your windows activated and you won’t be facing the issue “you may be a victim of software counterfeiting” again.
In a Nutshell
So, we have discussed almost every method to tell you guys that how to avoid “you may be a victim of software counterfeiting” this message and we are really hopeful that this article has helped you in achieving what you’re striving for.