You no more need to connect your smartphone to the internet connection each time you want to share or transfer files to another device because ShareMe Mi Drop is here. But what about PC users? Can they use Mi Drop for PC?
Although WhatsApp is the most dominant platform for smartphone users to transfer and share files, photos, and videos to another device, there are plenty of other platforms as well, letting you do the same. Using WhatsApp for file-sharing also has some restrictions.
For instance, you cannot share files and photos if your device is not connected to an internet connection. Since everyone can’t keep their smartphone connected to the internet to share files, it would be great to look for other solutions that let you do the same but without the need for the internet.
In this regard, one of the best tools is ShareMe Mi Drop. It is an app introduced by Xiaomi that lets you share your files with other devices without requiring you to connect to the internet. However, since it is a mobile-specific app, it doesn’t have any official PC version yet.
But it doesn’t mean that you cannot have ShareMe Mi Drop for PC. There are quite a few tricks that help you to have this amazing app on your Windows PC. This post is all about Mi Drop and how to download and install Mi Drop for PC.
So, let’s get started!
Features of ShareMe Mi Drop
Before proceeding to the process of getting Mi Drop for PC, let’s discuss what features this amazing app has to offer.
- You don’t have to worry about tolerating ads while using Mi Drop. Unlike other free apps with an overwhelming amount of ads, this is free and has no irritating ads.
- The app doesn’t work only for a specific language. It can be used in multiple languages, making it easy to use the app.
- Unlike WhatsApp or other file sharing apps with restrictions, this doesn’t limit you to only share files within a specific size. You will appreciate its troublesome-free experience when sharing large files.
- While sharing huge files, if the transfer is interrupted or disconnected, you can easily resume the transfer from the point it was interrupted instead of performing the whole process again.
- The app comes with an elegant and easy to use interface, which makes it more appealing to those who are tired of dealing with complicated file-sharing apps.
- It also has great management features that you can use to sort out your files to their categories, which means it is incredibly user-friendly.
- Gone are the days when Bluetooth was the only option for you to share files. Once you start sharing a file via Bluetooth, you have to wait for hours before it completes. With ShareMe Mi Drop, this can be done in seconds, making it extremely faster than Bluetooth and some other file-sharing apps.
- Don’t worry if you’re unable to connect your smartphone to an internet connection or don’t have a data package to share files. Mi Drop for PC doesn’t necessarily need you to connect to the internet. It works offline.
- ShareMe Mi Drop for PC also supports all file formats. You can transfer and receive .txt, Jpeg, Pdf, Mp4, and more file formats without any issue.
So, how to download and install ShareMe Mi Drop for PC?
ShareMe Mi Drop for PC Guide
Here is a detailed guide on how to use ShareMe Mi Drop for Windows PC.
If you have a Xiaomi phone running MIUI 9 or the latest version, you can skip this step as you will already have Mi Drop installed. However, if you are running any other phone (except Xiaomi) or have a Xiaomi phone with an older version than MIUI 9, you have to install the app from the Google Play Store.
Once Mi Drop for PC is installed on your phone from Google Play Store, you are now required to connect both your phone and the device you want to use Mi Drop on to the same Wifi network. Since Mi Drop integrates with Wifi Direct to transfer data, it must connect both the devices to the same network.
Once your phone and PC are connected to the same network, launch the Mi Drop app from your phone. Now locate and tap on the Connect to PC option. Now tap the Start option. You can also play around with settings to fine-tune them according to your preferences.
Tap the option based on what you want to do (backup).
Make sure to write down the FTP address presented on the screen. It will be required to start the actual data transfer process between your phone and PC.
Now come to your PC and launch the Windows Explorer (Windows + E).
Now, input the FTP address that you have noted down earlier from your phone in the URL bar of the WE (Windows Explorer) and press Enter. You should now see the content of your phone on your Windows PC.
Select the files and folders you want to backup to your Windows PC. This can be done for transferring files from PC to phone as well.
- Once finished, press the Stop button.
That is how you can use the Mi Drop for PC for data transfers. But if you want to download Mi Drop for Windows PC, you can use an Android emulator (BlueStacks) to download and install ShareMe Mi Drop for PC. The downloading/installation process is easy and doesn’t take much of your time.
- Take Church’s Chicken Survey@Www Churchslistens
- Take Rally’s Survey@Guestobsessed Com
- Take Dairy Queen Survey @ Dqfanfeedback Com
- Take Smash Burger Survey @ Www Smashburger Survey
- Take Roundys Survey @ Www Roundysfeedback.Com
Q: Can I use Mi Drop for PC?
Ans: Yes, you can use the FTP method that I have mentioned to use Mi Drop for PC. Or else, you can download it on your PC using an Android emulator.