When you’re playing PS4 game then you’ve to communicate with your friends via voice chat for better gaming experience but we have witnessed a problem PS4 NAT type failed many times when you’re chatting. But there’s nothing to worry about because today, we are going to be showing you guys the best method in order to fix your problem PS4 NAT type failed. So, let’s get started!
Methods of solving PS4 NAT type failed
NAT stands for Network Address Translation, which has the ability to convert private IP address signals to Public IP address signals. Now, let’s get directly into the conversation
1. Manual Configure the PS4 NAT type failed network settings
Your problem PS4 NAT type failed can be fixed through the manual configuration of PS4 network because automatic settings might or might not work for you because they maybe aren’t compatible with the network which you’re using. So, if you’re interested in changing the automatic settings to manual settings, then here are the steps which you need to follow.
But before changing the automatic settings, you need to know your IP address and if you don’t know how to know your IP address, then here’s the way!
- Go to the PS4 settings and then the network settings
- Now select the option view connection status
- Now, you’ll see all the details about the connection which you are connecting with along with your IP address.
- Just copy the IP address and save it somewhere because you’re going to need it in the next steps
Now it is the time that we must go for the changing of configuration settings. Let’s do it!
- The first thing you have to do is that, connect your PC with the same internet which you’re using to play PS4 and then go to the search bar of the windows and type run command
- Once the Run Command is open, then type cmd in the text box and then press the enter button
- Now command prompt must have been open in front of you and all you have to do now is to copy paste “ipconfig/all” this text in the command prompt and then hit the enter button
- Now note down the IP address, Default Gateway and subnet mask with DNS Server because you’re going to use them in the next step
- Now close the tab and then move to settings>network>Set up internet connection
- Now select the WIFI which you’re using for PS4 or if you’re using Ethernet for the PS4 then select it
- Now select custom, and then enter the information which you have copied in the text section of related names
- Now select do not use Proxy for my network
- Now wait for the internet connection to be updated and after it is updated, select test Internet connection
- Now you’ll see PS4 NAT type and your problem of PS4 NAT type failed is gone forever
We are 100% sure that your problem must have vanished away if you have followed everything properly but if this method didn’t work for you then don’t worry we have another method which surely going to solve your problem and you’ll be able to communicate with your friends through a voice chat. So, let’s get started!
2. Enable UPnP for your Wifi Router
If the manual configuration doesn’t work for you then you can give UPnP for your router a try. UPnP stands for Universal Plug n Play which allows the device to discover the router to make an internet connection. Enabling UPnP can improve the connection when playing a chat or chatting with a friend. If you don’t know how to enable UPnP, then here are the steps of doing the work.
- Check out the back side of your Wifi router and you’ll IP Address, user name, and password. All you have to do is to copy all the given things and note them somewhere.
- Now open your browser and then enter the IP address in the address bar and press enter
- A tab with login page will be shown to you and you have to enter the copied user name and password in it to go to the admin section of the Wifi router
- Once you have entered all the information, press enter and you’ll be redirected to the admin panel
- Now then, go to advanced section>Forwarding and you’ll see UPnP section just click on it, if you didn’t find that option then you have to explore other option in order to know where UPnP is hiding
- Turn UPnP on
- Now click on save changes and close all the tabs
- Reboot your router device and wait for the internet to reconnect
- Once the internet is connected, go to the network> test internet connection to know if the NAT type is on
- If the NAT type is on then you’re not going to face the problem again
In a Nutshell
We have discussed almost the best methods to fix your problem PS4 NAT type failed, and we really hope that the above-given methods have helped you in achieving what you’re striving for.
If you have any question regarding the above topic, then feel free to comment down below because we will try to reach you as soon as possible and will surely solve your problem with a best possible answer. And if you have liked the article, then don’t forget to share it with your friends. Cheers!