If you’re getting net: :err_cert_authority_invalid message on your browser then there might be a chance that you’re facing this problem because of SSL certificate provider. There are higher chances that your SSL certificate isn’t performing well or there’s a chance that your PC is going through a problem. But you don’t have to worry about because we have a complete research on net: :err_cert_authority_invalid. So, let’s get started!
There are a lot of methods on the internet that you’re going to find but in this article, we will be showing only those which works 100% and you surely going to get rid of the problem at the end of the reading. Let’s get into the action straight away!
Change the Date and Time
It happens sometimes because of the date and time issue in your computer and if you can fix the date and time then your problem net: :err_cert_authority_invalid shall be gone in a second. You don’t need any software to update your date and time because it is very simple. Just follow the steps which we are about to break right now and you’re done.
- Turn your PC on and once it is on, look at the right bottom corner of the window
- At the right bottom corner of the window, you’ll see your PC time just click on it
- After you click on it your time and date will be shown to you with a clock and a calendar
- Change the date and time or change the UMT in order to set your date and time
- When your date and time is set then restart your computer and try searching your problem again
- You won’t be facing the issue again
That’s how simple it is to change the date and time of your computer. If the problem is solved then congratulations, but if the problem continues to haunt you then you have to follow another method which we are about to break now.
Check Prevent Warning
Check to prevent warning means that you have to check the website which you’re reaching because there might be a ban for your country. Net: :err_cert_authority_invalid error comes only when there’s date or time issue or your system is not compatible with the website.
Other than outdated system and compatibility, we recommend you to check the SSL certificates as well because sometimes the SSL certificate providers are unaware of the problem hitting your domain and you have to tell them in order to fix the issue.
But if everything is working perfectly for you but you’re facing err_cert_authority_invalid error Google chrome error, then following are the steps to fix the issue.
- Open your browser and in the address bar type chrome://flags
- Press enter button and you will see a lot of option being shown to you
- Scroll down and you’ll see SSL certificates option, all you have to do is to click on that option and you’re done
- You’ll be given a drop-down menu and then you’ll have to find prevent issue time
- Once you find that option, click on the time and extend it
- Now close the tab and you won’t be facing the same problem again
The problem must be gone from your computer if you follow the steps properly, but if the problem still continues to tease you with a pop up then don’t worry we have another method which surely is going to work. Scroll down and read the method and then implement!
Turn on and off Firewall
Yes, turning on and off the firewall can sometimes fix the issue for you because sometimes it is your system which is preventing any full of virus website from hitting your computer. Here’s how you turn on and off the firewall.
- Go to the settings of your window and look for network and security options
- In the network and security option, you’ll see windows firewall at the left side and once you find that option, just click on it to open it
- Turn it off and then try running your website, if your website is working fine then keep the firewall off
- And you’re done
In a nutshell
We have discussed almost everything related to the net::err_cert_authority_invalid and we really hope that the above-given information might help you in achieving what you’re striving for.
If you have any question related to the net::err_cert_authority_invalid, then feel free to commnet: :err_cert_authority_invalident down below, we will try to reach you in a flash and will surely try to answer your question. Cheers!