If you have a slow computer and you’re irritated of switching accounts in Windows 10 then we know your pain but you don’t have to worry because we have got your back. In this article, we will be showing you How to Disable Fast User Switching so that you can get rid of a headache and slow processing of your computer. Without wasting more time, let’s get started with the solution!
How to Disable Fast User Switching using Group Policy
The good news is that Windows 10 allows you to enable and disable fast user switching but you have to follow some steps in order to do that. So let’s start the discussion and allow you to Disable Fast User Switching.
- Go to the search bar of the windows and enter RUN to open up the RUN dialog box
- If the RUN dialog box didn’t open, you can press the Windows Key button and then press the R button in order to open the RUN dialog box
- Once the dialog box is open, type “gpedit.msc” and press enter button
- A new dialog box is going to open which is Local Group Policy editor
- All you have to do is to expand that editor and it will show you the following things
- Local Computer Policy
- Computer Configuration
- Administrative Templates
- In these options, you’re going to find out “Hide Entry Points for Fast User Switching”
- You’ll see three options in there which are “Enable, Disable and Not Confirmed” just click on enable to disable fast user switching. Here’s the screenshot of how you’re going to do it
- Once you click on Ok button, you’ll be able to disable fast user switching for sure.
If this method worked for you then you’re welcome to skip the next part, but this method didn’t work for you and you’re facing some sort of problems then you don’t have to worry about. We have another method which surely going to work for you. So let’s get started with another method!
How to Disable Fast User Switching using Registry Method
This method is as easy as the first method but there are a few different steps which you got to follow in order to disable fast user switching. So, let’s talk about them quickly!
- Repeat the same method as given above to open up the RUN command
- Once the run command is open type “regedit” then press enter
- Now following are the files will open in front of you and you have to expand them
- Microsoft Windows
- Current Version (Windows)
- Now all you have to do is to open the “HideFastSwitichingUser” option and open it
- If you are unable to find this option in your Run command, then go to the system folder
- After getting into the system folder, look for “New DWORD 32-Bit Value” and after selecting this folder search “HideFastSwitichingUser” in this folder
- Once you find the above-given folder from the search bar, press enter to give a value to the system
- Now enter the value “0” to enable fast user switching and “1” for disable fast user switching
- Once you enter the value, press enter button and you’re done
- Now restart your computer and you’ll get rid of fast user switching
We really hope that these methods are surely going to work for you and you must get rid of fast user switching. Look, if you have a slow computer then 2 users or more than 2 users in a slow computer might slow down your already slower computer. It is because all the users in the computer have a program installed in it and it makes the processors and rams harder to load all of them.
If you’re going to remove all of them and just keep one, then we make sure that you will be able to make your computer run faster than it is now. Well if you have any question regarding the how to disable fast user switching topic, then you can ask us by commenting down below. We will try to answer you in a flash.
Now it’s time to discuss few things which you can use to make your computer run faster, so let’s get started!
How to make your Computer run Faster
Every single person in the world wants to run their computer swiftly so that they can perform multitasking way better and gets no lag while doing anything. So following are the things which are required in order to make your computer faster and swifter.
- First of all, try to troubleshoot your computer for all the problems they have and fix all the problems. Once the troubleshooting is done, your computer will surely feel better.
- Go to the applications and delete all the programs that you never use because your RAM takes the burden of every program which is running on your computer
- Go to the setting and start to disable start-up application which you hardly use because start-up applications are heavy and this is why computer takes time to turn on
- Clean your hard disk by deleting files and folders because it will take off the burden from your disk and your computer will feel relaxed
- Run fewer programs at one time because when you run an unnecessary program on your computer, it makes more burden on your ram and your computer starts to lag
Also check below windows guides
- Set Parental Controls in Windows
- Malware Removal Tools for Windows
- iOS Emulator For PC
- Windows Modules Installer Worker