So, if you have installed windows operating system and your screen suddenly gets black in color or blue in color with an error this copy of Windows is not genuine, then you have to follow some methods with we are about to break in a while. So, let’s get started with How to fix this copy of window is not genuine.
Permanent Solution of This Copy of Window is not Genuine
So if you want a permanent solution of this copy of windows is not genuine then you have to follow the methods as they have written and at the end of the article, you’ll get rid of this problem. So, let’s get started!
Method 1: Uninstall Updates
There might be a case that automatically installed update can lead you to this problem which is this copy of windows is not genuine. So, to avoid this issue, you need to uninstall all the previous updates that you installed in the recent times. If you don’t know how to do it, then here’s the method.
- Go to the control panel
- Search for Windows update section and click on it to open it
- Click on view installed update and all the latest updates will be shown to you
- After all the updates been shown to you, click on the search button and search for “KB971033”
- After you find out where “KB971033” is, just uninstall it and restart your computer
- You’re done
You won’t be seeing this copy of windows is not genuine anymore because it is gone from your computer. Now let’s head towards the second method of this problem which is given below
Method 2: SLMGR -REARM Command Usage
Now this method is a bit tricky and you have to follow all the steps to make sure your problem this copy of windows is not genuine is fixed. So let’s do it!
- Go to the search bar of the windows and search CMD
- Now once the CMD is open, and now right click on CMD to enter on Administrator section because running command prompt with all the administrative privileges is a must thing to do some action
- Now type “SLMGR -REARM” in the command prompt section and hit the enter button
- And after confirmation of all the process, you need to restart your computer
- After restarting, your all the problems shall be gone
Now that’s all from the Second method and we really hope that it works for you. Let’s quickly go to the next method which is given below
Method 3- Turn off Automatic Updates
Another thing which really hurts your computer for getting the message this copy of windows is not genuine is automatic updates. You need to turn them off because updates are the only things which causing this problem for you. Don’t know how to do it? Here’s the complete method!
- Go to the settings of your computer and look for Windows update
- Once you open the Windows update section, you’ll see turn off windows update button
- All you have to do is to check the button with a Tick mark and click on Apply button to save the changes
- Click on Ok button now and restart your computer
- And you’re done!
Apply all these methods and you’ll end up getting rid of this problem. We really hope that this article has helped you in achieving what you’re striving for. Cheers!